The cost of renting the villa:
Equivalent 280.00 strong> US dollars / day
Maximum amount of guests up to 8 persons.
Cost of renting a homestead without catering:
Equivalent to 200.00 USD. per day
What is the gastronomic tourism? This is a tourism focused on getting acquainted with cuisine and cooking practices of one or another folk or region of the country. Tasting new dishes is not only a personal gastronomic experience enrichment, but also learning culture and customs of the people through taste. It sounds great TO FEEL A TASTE OF LIFE, isn’t? The famous French philosopher and gastronome Brillat-Savarin said: “The creation of new dish is more important for human happiness than creation of new celestial body”. The “Safe harbor” Villa offers to cognize happiness through the meal. Only here you can try unique fish dishes of Vylkove Lipovans. The fish dishes recipes in Vylkove have been formed and improved for several centuries, rising through the ranks from the boiled fish and fried crucian carp to such a complex and original dishes like fish borsch “on Storchak”, pike perch cutlets a la Vylkove, fish stuffed cabbage rolls, fish giblets pies, eel pilaf, and of course, dishes made of the famous Danube herring. The Danube region (Vylkove) is varied not only by nature, but also by people of different nationalities who live there. Therefore, we offer you to taste such fine national cuisine as Bulgarian Kurban-ciorba, Gagauz kavarma, Moldovian roasted peppers in Manja and mamaliga in the pots (with bryndza, yummy!). And, of course, Ukrainian borsch with pampushki (spicy donuts) made of Vylkove domestic chicken. For convenience, before arrival you can make a daily menu using the list of dishes. One of the best chefs in Vylkove with thirty years experience cooks the dishes. For real gourmands we provide a rare opportunity to take a master class in cooking the dishes you liked.
The proposed health ecological tours represent journeys to the virgin places for spiritual enrichment and communion with nature. As far back as Hippocrates said: “A doctor treats a person, but nature heals”. Vanities and worries, mental and physical diseases are really ceding after contact and understanding of natural harmony. Communion with virgin nature leaves deep impression, opens mind of man to the beauty and understanding of the created world. The Danube delta embraces unique natural areas protected by law from human intervention in virtue of their ecological, scientific, aesthetic and cultural values. The Danube biosphere reserve is the habitat of a huge number of rare plants and animals put in the Red Book of Ukraine and the so-called international Red Lists. Therefore protected areas of the Danube delta are included in the UNESCO World Heritage Register.
At your request, we will arrange fishing near the city of Vilkovo and the Danube estuary for carp, catfish, carp, crucian carp, pike, pike-perch, asp… (more than 100 fish species).
Opinion of a Anglers from Kiev, from an amateur fisherman with six years of fishing experience on the Danube, about the advantages of amateur fishing in the Danube estuary:
1. You can catch a fish in the Dnieper, but the taste of the Danube fish is incomparable with the fish caught in other rivers.
2. You can catch the “trophy fish” (large species) in the Danube and for the fisherman it is the highest award.
3. You can catch the “trophy” in the form of a rare fish in the Danube.
4. Wild nature awakes a hunter-fisherman instinct. While fishing on the Danube you start experimenting.
5. Solitude. No neighbors when fishing.
6. Fisherman is a nature lover. Only here on the Danube while fishing you can watch numerous flocks of pelicans, swans; wild pheasants, hares. Fishing on the Danube is exotic.
7. Warm climate in the Danube delta allows you to combine fishing with swimming until November, both at sea and in the Danube waters.
8. Air! The air and smells of nature in the morning fishing stay with you for a lifetime.
9. Lipovan meal. Fish dishes prepared by local chefs is the apogee of culinary art.
– Walking along the city shallow channels
– Visiting the world’s unique monument to Lipovans
– Visiting fish stalls at the local market
- Ethnic diving – is an insight into the culture and life of the island Lipovans.
- Boating on the Danube delta and its surroundings.
- Visiting a “zero kilometer”.
- Visiting protected areas.
- Visiting the old Lipovans settlement on the Ankudinov island. Social intercourse with its citizens who haven’t visited the “Big land” since 1960.
- Visiting the Lipovans Villa settlement Kvakenburg on the Ochakiv island.
- Visiting the “bee resort” on the Ochakiv island.
- Fishing for carp, catfish, pike, walleye near the town of Vilkovo and the Danube Delta.